As an online business owner, you probably already know that content makes the world go round. You need articles for your blog, more articles for your newsletter, and even more content if you’re planning to do article marketing to get free advertising for your website. So, before your fingers curl in terror, let me give you a few ideas that will save you some hassle (and some money).
But, first, why is content so important? Here are a few reasons…
First of all, the search engines reward content. They are in the information business, so they reward more quality information with more traffic to your site. That’s right. The more information you put on your website, the more they’ll send you visitors. (Note, I said “quality” content?)
Second, great information adds value to those who come to your website. When people come to a website that offers a lot of value, they’re much more likely to tell others about it, link to the site themselves, talk about it on forums, Stumbleupon your site, and come back frequently to see what’s new.
Third, providing quality content establishes you as an expert in whatever your chosen field is. The more value you provide to readers, the more they begin to look at you as their information source. You’ll start receiving requests for interviews and joint ventures as your arsenal of information grows. You’re reading this article right now, right? Hopefully you’ll remember me as an expert in content.
So, where do you get articles for your website? Well, you have several options, each with its pros and cons.
1. Write the the content yourself. While this is a noble option, and I do write much of my own content, there are options below that will give you a bit of a break, while growing your business faster than ever. Yes, write your own articles if you can, but also incorporate some of the options below to see the biggest results.
2. Hire a Writer. This is a great option. Simply go to a site like Elance.com, Guru.com or Shelancers.com and you’ll find many qualified frelancers willing to write content for your website. This is highly recommended for article marketing if you don’t want to write the articles yourself. Even if you receive the articles and then edit them to add your personality, you’ll save a lot of time and effort verses writing all of the content yourself.
3. Team up with others. Find other online business owners looking for exposure and recruit them as featured columnists or guest bloggers. They’ll be glad to do it for the free advertising and exposure and you’ll benefit by having more content for your website or blog. This is a great way to add value to your ezine, as well.
4. Hit the Article Directories. Places like EzineArticles.com, Isnare.com and ArticlePDQ.com are packed with quality articles that you can reprint on your site, as long as you remember to include the author bio at the end. For instance, look at the bottom of this article — it’s free and you can publish it on your website, as long as you include that blurb.
5. Buy PLR articles. PLR stands for ‘Private Label Rights’ and it is content that you can edit freely, add your name to it, and publish it on your website or in your ezine without having to link back to anyone. The only thing with PLR is that you have to be careful to find a reputable PLR site that is offering quality content that has been professionally written and edited. If the content is sold in limited quantities, even better. Beware of fly-by-night PLR sites. Try to find one that has been around for a while and has an owner who stands by it. PLR content is affordable and flexible — two things that a busy internet marketer need for their business.
Now that you know how to find content for your website, I hope that you will take advantage of these recommendations and take your internet business to new heights.
Nicole Dean knows content. She has been in the PLR business for years. Check out this free PLR content with no strings attached.