The name of the game with Internet Marketing is productivity. Productivity means reaching the greatest number of targeted prospects with the least effort and expense to generate the most sales.
The key to productivity is leverage: expanding your marketing activity with resources and systems that run without your direct effort or excessive involvement.
Developing a Link partner strategy is one recommended way to leverage your efforts and increase your productivity, although there are numerous additional ways to apply leverage to your Internet business efforts. These may include:
- Advertising in ezines, online forums, websites and other sources
- Participation as a member in online business and marketing forums
- Participation in social networking sites
With each of these leveraging systems, it may take some effort and time to get them set up and to begin establishing your website presence.
The advantage to any or all of these systems is that once set up, they will produce results for you with minimal effort and will continue to do so for extended periods of time.
Link Partners are website owners or webmasters with whom you exchange your website link. You will place a link to their site somewhere on your website, and they will place your link somewhere on their site.
Links can be in text ad form or banner form. Links might be included in an article, a site review or a blog post. Or they might be listed in a business services directory. The style or nature of the link exchange should be agreed upon before the links are posted to prevent any misunderstandings or disappointments.
Link Partners may be easy to find, but the real essence of an effective Link partner strategy is exchanging links with quality websites. That is, sites with a respectable PageRank and who are already attracting the same kind of visitors that you are targeting for your online business.
There are many good web tools available that can be used to check the PageRank of a website. You can do a web search for PageRank tools.
To find quality sites and to encourage them to want to support your Link partner strategy, here are some recommended steps:
1) When surfing the Internet, watch for and bookmark sites that you believe are suitable for your purpose. You could also do web searches for your keywords, then check out the sites that rate the highest in the search engine results.
2) Once you identify a suitable Link partner candidate, write a complimentary review for the site and post the review on your website or blog page.
3) Contact the webmaster or owner of the reviewed site, advise them of the review and give them permission to publish the review on their site along with a link pointing back to your site as the review source. As an alternative to publishing the review on their site, they can simply include a link that points to the review on your site.
You can apply this link partner strategy to any number of partners you choose, keeping in mind that the more link partners you have, the more effectively you will be able to leverage your efforts and expand your reach.
Productivity is the name of the game. Increased sales are the goal. An effective Link partner strategy can be the ideal means to achieve the desired end.